Strata Property Management
Advanced Property Management & Real Estate is committed to providing professional and competent Strata Management services to Strata Corporations in the Comox Valley, including Courtenay, Comox, and surrounding areas, Campbell River and the Parksville/Qualicum regions. We are further committed to ensuring that Advanced Property Management & Real Estate and its Licensees act in accordance with the Real Estate Services Act.
Your Strata Manager is only as effective as your Council and, as such, we are dedicated to appropriately advising your Council in all matters, and ensuring your Council and Corporation are acting and operating within the provisions of the Strata Property Act and in the best interest of your Corporation. We strive to build productive relationships with Councils by providing competent, reliable and trusted service.
Advanced Property Management & Real Estate commits to and is able to assist your Corporation with the following OPERATIONS functions:
- to be familiar with the Strata Property Act (SPA), and the Corporation’s Bylaws and Rules, and to appropriately advise Council respecting various issues so as to enable Council to render informed decisions;
- to obtain, renew, and monitor contracts on behalf of the Corporation further to the direction of Council;
- to facilitate Council meetings and to prepare and distribute appropriate documentation pre and post meetings;
- to prepare notices of Annual General Meetings and Special General Meetings, as necessary, including all supplemental documentation;
- to enforce Bylaws and Rules and to levy fines at the instruction of Council, and within the parameters of the SPA and the Corporation’s Bylaws and Rules;
- to assist Council in determining Insurance requirements under the SPA, and to obtain appraisal information on behalf of the Corporation as required;
- to assist Council in obtaining and selecting quotes, and in the coordination of repairs effected on behalf of the Corporation;
- to work with Councils to obtain Bylaw reviews, amendments and changes;
- to be available for after hour emergencies, and to deal with all emergencies and related insurance claims, and;
- to prepare required forms and documentation as required under the SPA as they related to the sale of strata lots.
Advanced Property Management & Real Estate commits to and is able to assist your Corporation with the following ACCOUNTING/FINANCIAL REPORTING and RECORDS MANAGEMENT functions:
- to maintain detailed accounting information for each strata lot;
- to collect all monies from all revenue sources to which the Corporation is entitled (Strata Fees, Assessments, Fines, etc.);
- to assist Council in collecting on accounts in arrears, and to commence legal action on accounts in arrears at the instruction of Council, and on behalf of the Corporation;
- to prepare payment for invoices and to prepare a monthly account of the Corporation’s finances, including monthly bank reconciliations and financial statement preparation;
- preparation of proposed annual operating budgets to Council for Council’s discussion and consideration;
- to keep complete records of the Corporation and to make them available to Owners as required;
- to maintain an updated records of owners and tenants, and;
- to receive, review, and address correspondence as directed by Council.
These lists are not exhaustive and are provided as an overview of what Councils and Corporations alike can expect. We invite you to speak with us so that you may communicate your Corporation’s specific questions and concerns, and so that we are able to assist you with addressing the individual needs and goals of your Corporation.